During the pandemic, I started running … and I never stopped. Since June 1, 2021, I’ve been running every single day, at least a mile a day. In the process, I’ve racked up more than 1,000 miles, raised more than $7,000 dollars for more than 10 different causes, returned several lost items, and logged runs in 12 different cities. And, yes, I’m still going. Want to help? Let’s do this! See link below. Also, follow my hashtag across all social media (#sekouherocharityrun) for more opportunities to give.
Charity: Back on my Feet
Status: Accepting donations!
Deadline: June 30
- Birthday challenge – 6/24 is my birthday
- 1-year-running anniversary celebration – 5/31 was my 365th day of running
- Marathon – this donation will secure my bid to run in the 2022 NYC marathon
Donations have already been made to these charities. Please donate directly!
- Project Love Strong (Nashville, TN)
- In God’s Hand (Nashville, TN)
- Unhoused STL (Saint Louis, MO)
- The Old Path (Memphis, TN)
- Launchpad (Nashville, TN)
- Hospitality Hub (Memphis, TN)
- Manna House (Memphis, TN)
- New Directions (Louisville, KY)
- Mr. Charles (Nashville, TN)
- Nashville Half Marathon for Brown Boys Read (Nashville, TN)